MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

hi there! I have 2 ipods; one from when they first came out

Customer Question

hi there! I have 2 ipods; one from when they first came out and the other I bought in 07. The one I bought in 07; I can't remember my password XXXXX my user name. So I was wondering how I can open my music library on the 07 ipod; without erasing all the music and data I have on there. Can you help, please? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean
the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*

Could you provide me what type of iPod the 2007 model is?

Also, the computer you are planning to connect to, does it have the iTunes library that has been previously synced with the your 2007 Pad?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, I will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi there Terry,

The 07 ipod is a 30GB ; and the model no. is A1136; EMC No. is 2065.

In regards to the other question; the computer I am planning to connect to does'nt have the itunes library that has previously synced with my 2007 ipod. I used my dads' computer in Texas(which I think he may have gotten rid of, and I'm in Florida). Everytime I hook it up to my computer it gives the message of: Itunes has detected that this ipod is not the default audio player...would you like to make it the default player?' Something aroung those lines, but if you choose accept (so you can sync your ipod) I think it erases the library on the 07 ipod, and that is just scary. yikes! I hope this info helps! Thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Hi Julie and thanks for clarifying your request.

To provide you the process of safely adding music from your iPod to your computer, Apple has already taken care of providing you a simple but in graphic detail a really good procedure for performing that action:

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer

So I would recommend you try this procedure Julie, and this should allow you to safely add songs to your computer's iTunes library without erasing the music content you already have on your iPod.

Please let me know if this helps!

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

I will be watching for your reply.

Thanks Julie!