Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

my mac mini wont boot up. All i get is the white screen with

Customer Question

my mac mini won't boot up. All i get is the white screen with apple and spinning thing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Turn of the computer by holding in the power button for about 10 seconds then:

Put the current operating system disk in (the disk that came with your computer unless you have upgraded) and restart holding down the C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It still doesn't boot. nothing but the white screen.   I can't get the applications installation disc out of the machine.