MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I upgraded to ITunes 10 and now I cant open it all. I get

Customer Question

<p>I upgraded to ITunes 10 and now I can't open it all. I get an error message. I reinstalled 3 times. I have Window's 7. What is happening?</p><p>I just saw the system requirements for ITunes 10.2.1 and for Windows 7, I need 64 bit. I tried to install that and was told it wasn't compatable with my computer.   If that is the reason I am having problems, how do I work around that?</p><p> </p>
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean
the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Here is a direct link from Apple for the 64-bit version of iTunes for Windows
Download 64 Bit iTunes v10.2.1 for Windows

If I understand per your question that this is the version you need, give this download and installation link a try.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

I will be watching for your reply.

Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've already tried that link and it didn't help. It is the link for ITunes 64 bit for windows. I even tried a link to install 64 bit thinking that is what I needed and I got an error message.

Thanks for confirming that for me. I sent that initial answer to you, just to confirm if you had accessed that page from Apple for the 64 Bit iTunes download.

So tell me if you would, if you go into Start>Control Panel>System and Security>System and let me know what the specs of your Windows 7 operating system are and just to be sure, specify what the bit classification of your system- 23-bit Windows 7 or 64 bit Windows 7,

Thanksw, I will await your reply.

-Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have a 32 bit operating system

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry you probably need a bit more info.

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CUP

M620 @ 2.67GHz 2.67

RAM 4.00 GB (3.24 GB usable)

system type 32 bit

No pen or touch input

This is a laptop issued by my employer.

No worries and thanks for the detailed update.

Download iTunes v10.2.1 for WIndows

Just click that link above and you should now be able to download and install the 32-bit version of iTunes for your PC.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
give a few minutes. I tried installing an older version of itunes 9 and that didn't work. I want to remove all those files.
Here are some steps you can try to cleanly remove those previous versions of iTunes 9:
I recommend you download this free software utility called Revo Uninstaller
• This software will remove all files, folders and subfolders of iTunes so no residual files are left behind.

• This will enable you to then reinstall a clean version of iTunes on your PC. Make sure you download the 32-bit version of iTunes for Windows not 64 bit version.

So try that uninstaller software, THEN run the 32 bit iTunes installation.

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please send me the link for Itunes again. It expired. I ran the uninstaller and cleaned up my pc. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, can you resend the link. It has expired.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I found a download on the apple itunes site and downloaded the 32 bit version. Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. My error message says, The Itunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occured (-50).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
You don't have to relist. I will be here with you, until the issue is resolved.

My apologies for the delay, had a temporary network outage and was unable to get back online until now.

Tell me, did you use Revo Uninstaller to remove the previous versions of iTunes from
your system before installing iTunes 10.2.1 32-bit version of iTunes?

-Terry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes and still no luck

•Remove all iTunes and Quicktime applications you see in Revo Uninstaller's list of all available applications you can remove.

•Once you have removed all applications of iTunes and Quicktime

Then attempt to download and install this combo of iTunes and Quicktime
iTunes 10.2 + Quicktime

This is all I have at this time, so give it a try and let me know if this work-around helps.

-Terry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Terry,

I have done all the above steps. Downloaded quicktime and itunes and the message I get now is: "The file "iTunes Library .itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes. That is the same message I received when I installed the itunes 9 version.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for all your help, but I'd like to withdraw my balance in my account. I am going to take my computer for service.

No worries, I understand. Sometimes that is what it takes to get resolution.

As a MacExperts, we cannot personally process a request for a refund of your deposit or payment. However, I can definitely provide the information you need to expedite your request.

All you need to do is contact JustAnswer Customer Service via email;
[email protected]

I hope this helps and I do appreciate you allowing us to attempt to assist you with your question.

Please be sure to visit us again if you have another Mac technical issue you require assistance with.

Best Regards,

-Terry
("Mactechtrainer")