Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I am getting a continuous error message on my Mac saying that

Customer Question

I am getting a continuous error message on my Mac saying that "The server responded with an error.... it did not recognize your user name and password XXXXX [email protected] I do not know how to fix this. This for sure is my username and I am pretty sure the password XXXXX XXXXX too.

What do I do??

Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 years ago.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

Can you please explain your issue in further detail?

Which website are you having this problem with signing in?

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

There is no website involved. I am getting the error message on my desktop. Interestingly enough though the i-cal icon jumps up and down when the error message is on. At one point I was asked to go into Mobile M preferences but I could find my way to do that.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Please, elaborate....

Mac Extraordinaire :

Which window asks for the username/password credentials?

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

I had a onetoone appointment at the Apple Store last week as my calender was no longer synching between my i-phone and my Mac. The problem has arisen since that time. Today, earlier, I had a chat with someone from applecare who looked at my i-phone and reinstatted Mobile Me. The problem, she indicated must be on the Mac end and she referred me to Mobile Me support and that is how I got to you.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Ok, so the problem is that Mobile Me asks for the email username and password, but you are entering the wrong one?

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

Another error message has come up that indicates that I have entered an invalid Mobileme member name and password in MobileMe system preferences. I do not understand how this has happened as I was with the technical support person in the Apple Store when we set it up and it works on the i-phone now. I admit I do not know how to verify my name and password in System Preferences nor why I am being asked to do so as this was done a few days ago. But perhaps incorrectly??

Mac Extraordinaire :

In the system preferences, have you already verified that you have set the password correctly?

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

How do I get into mobile me system preferences?

Mac Extraordinaire :

I am not too familiar with MobileMe.

Mac Extraordinaire :

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck // Peace.

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

Thank you. I do need a mobile me expert I think.

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

I am going to have to go offline soon. Is there someone to help me today? Otherwise I would like to request that my request and payment be cancelled.

JACUSTOMER-pmfxqcyc- :

I have gone offline. Please cancel my payment. Thank you.

Mac Extraordinaire :

The refund request has been sent.