Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Many of the emails I receive will not print out. I get only

Many of the emails I receive will not print out. I get only a blank sheet with a line of AOL identity at the top and bottom. If I forward the messages to myself at another sight (Juno, for instance), they will always print. This is very inconvenient and time consuming. What is the problem?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
I need some basic info before I can answer please.
How do you access your AOL mail, online at AOL or do you use the Mail application on the Mac?
What version of OS X do you have?
What type of documents are they?
Let's start there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My Mac OS is Version 10.6.6. I access my mail using Safari. The troublesome documents are emails that are sent to me at my Email address ([email protected]). For instance, I try to print out my bank statement so I can keep it on file. It will not print. Most of the problem is with Emails I get at the above address or notes sent to me on Facebook.
Just Answer filters out email addresses so if you would please just tell me what follows the @ sign it will be enough.
One way around this is to use the MAil application. It will interface with your email provider so that you will not need to go to webmail, transfer the document to your browser and then to your printer, it will bypass all of that.
The problem you are having is caused by all of the handing off of the document and the info doesn't get to the printer.
AOL is famous for this.
I have an AOL account (among others) going through Mac Mail, works a charm without printing problems.
Usually bank statements are PDFs and should print without issue and will using Mac Mail.
This assistant will assist setting that up.sending and
You keep the same email address and password, the only change is that receiving email will get much easier.
One reason I do not do any email online is because of contact list compromise, all my email contacts are kept on my Mac behind a firewall so that it stays safe from hackers.
Once you have Mail working (takes 5 minutes) you will find the printing issue will go away.