MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

I have an older Mac G20 it does NOT have intel. How can I open

I have an older Mac G20 it does NOT have intel. How can I open email attachments with pps-wmv or other formats?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• To open PPS (PowerPoint Slideshow) files you would actually need to have a copy
of Microsoft Office for Mac, as the PPS extension was developed for the PowerPoint application.

• However you can also open PPS files if you have a copy of Keynote from the iWork application suite.

• For the WMV (Windows Media Viewer) file extension, another Microsoft extension, in order to read it in Mac OS X you would need to use Flip4Mac, from Telestream
which is a free download and will allow you to open WMV files.
Download and Install Flip4Mac

• Now for a variety of file formats that cannot read on Macs you can translate those seemingly unreadable file formats with a software called
MacLink Plus Deluxe

This software is a great translator for various file extensions that may not work on a Mac but a PC, readable for Mac OS X.

Finally, I have a website resource here for you called:
which may prove invaluable to you, because it allows you to take any file extension that is unfamilar to you, type it into the extension box and provide you details of that extension as well as what application opens it.

For example, let's say I have a file that has a name: "myfile.docx"
I would type the .DOCX extension in the extensions box it would define that extension as: "Word - Company: Microsoft Corporation"
at the bottom of the page

So here are few resources for you, but please feel free to ask me more questions
regarding your initial question if I missed anything-- I am always ready to assist.

Thank you!