OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I recently had a brand new iMac21.5 LED (model # XXXXX) computer

Customer Question

I recently had a brand new iMac21.5" LED (model # XXXXX) computer set up in my home by a tech person from a company that I will be doing some freelance design work for. He set it all up on Sunday, and everything worked fine, but when I tried to log on yesterday morning, the Mac refused to let me. I am not new to Apple computers--I have been working on Macs for over 20 years as a graphic designer. I tried every possible configuration of my name and password, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions so that I can get this amazing computer up and running?
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available to chat?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

can you hear me now?

Customer:

how about now?

Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for accepting, but let's make sure we get you up and running first. Do you have the original Mac OS X disk for your system?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry...the dude took it with him. I can get it from him tomorrow if that's what's necessary.

Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.
It will probably provide the easiest solution for you -- we can use it to reset your password. Which version of OS X is installed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I think it's OS X.9? Not positive though. He took all the paperwork with him.

Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.
If it's a brand new Mac (or less than ~2 years old) it will be running Mac OS 10.6.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is brand new--right out of the box. I haven't really gotten a chance to look it over thoroughly. It wouldn't let me.
Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.
Okay, cool -- it's running 10.6 then. That said, get the disk from him tomorrow -- we'll be able to use it to reset your password.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. Great. Do you ahve a OSXpert number I should ask for?
Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.
You can bookmark this page (or use the link from your email to get back to it). If you enter a message into this conversation, it will send me an email notifying me that you're ready.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great. Thanks! See ya tomorrow.