OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I have an IPhone4, and IPad and a MacBook - i use Mobile Me

Customer Question

I have an IPhone4, and IPad and a MacBook - i use Mobile Me to sync all three.
Problem: - when I input an appointment in ICal on my IPhone say for 2:00pm, it shows up in my other devices as 3:00. And vice versa, if i input on the MacBook or the IPad for 3:00, it show up in IPhone as 2:00
HELP! this is screwing with my schedules! not to mention my memory!
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. When did this issue start? Devices running iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, etc...) are having trouble with the daylight savings adjustment yesterday. There have been a number of issues stemming from alarms not going off on time to the phone's time not changing correctly.

Customer:

believe it or not i have been dealing with this for months! it could have been since the last time change in the Fall - i just have not been able to solve the issue

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Interesting -- however, iOS devices had issues with the time change back in November as well. Does the phone display the correct time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. all three devices display the correct time

Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Let's start by restoring the iPhone and seeing if that fixes the problem. Plug the iPhone into your computer. In iTunes, click the "Restore" button. This process will take some time. Allow the restore to complete, then try creating a new calendar appointment and see if it's placed under the correct time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i will try that when i am with both of the devices
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have restored the iphone now and i still have the issue
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Bummer. Although, this might be a simple time zone setting if the problem is still there after the restore. Let's try that first...on your phone:

Tap Settings->General->Date and Time

Make sure your time zone is correct under the calendar section.

If this doesn't help or if there isn't a calendar section, try:

Tap Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Then, scroll down to the bottom and ensure that your time zone is set correctly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is getting better and better - not
so here is what i found: my time settings in general settings are correct, but the settings under mail, contacts calendars is a problem - i scrolled to the bottom like you said, and it lists Time Zone Support - so i checked that, and my time zone said Calgary - that is wrong - Calgary is mountain time, i am Pacific time, so i figure ergo the difference when i sync. NOT.
I changed the Time Zone Support to Vancouver, and now when i enter the correct appointment time in the calendar, it moves it up an hour!!! [so i enter 2:00 for the appointment, and then go to calendar to check, and it displays as 1:00] !!!!!
it didn't matter whether the Time Zone Support tab is on or off - it happened both ways. And now all of my appointments in my calendars on my other devices have been moved back an hour also!! ARGHHHHHH
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Wow -- I certainly understand your frustration. Have you tried adjusting the TIme Zone setting to another time zone to compensate for the offset?