Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

My Kindle will not connect to my Linksys, Wireless-G, Broadband

Customer Question

My Kindle will not connect to my Linksys, Wireless-G, Broadband Router with SpeedBooster, 2.4 GHz. I was told by Kindle support you need to add Wi-Fi MAC Address: 28:EF:01:52:79:E2 to our router. Our email address is:[email protected] Our land phone is XXX-XXX-XXXX. John Thiesenhusen
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password: (Use this password from your Kindle)

1- Click here ---> 192.168.1.1

2- You will be prompted for a login - leave the username blank and enter "admin" without the quotes for the password.

3- Once logged in, click Wireless, then click Wireless Security in the submenu below it. (If the "Wireless Security" option is not there, then click "Basic Wireless Settings")

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be on the bottom of this page. If you see more than one password try with all of them from your Kindle.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I didn't get to far with your directions. I clicked on the hyperlink: 192.168.1.1 and got a connect to box. As directed no information was added to User name and 'admin' (no quotes) was entered into Password. OK was depressed and the box was returned to its original with the Password blank. Does it make a difference if I already have a password that is different from 'admin' password that you supplied?
OK. Let's try with another way. Please follow the steps below from your computer already connected to internet, and you will see the network password.

Click here ----->http://wikisend.com/download/139946

Then click "Download file"

Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.

And you will see your password there (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both from your Kindle)

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I clicked on your hyperlink ...139946 and got the colorful screen. I then clicked on Download file, clicked run and got the spreadsheet with the columns Hex and Asci. A password was not listed under either of these columns.
OK. Do you also have a Mac computer or a WIndows 7 computer? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In that I thought a previously designated password may be the issue, I contacted our son who set up the network. The password I was using was incorrect. In using the password he set, the Tindle worked.and I was able to download the newspaper I had subscribed to last week. The Tindle is now connected to our network.
OK. So you don't need more help? Thank you

John Cappucci