Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds incoming server is not working when I try

Resolved Question: incoming server is not working when I try to set an acc. in mail. outgoing is fine
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Try it this way:

POP server: (Port 995)
POP SSL required? Yes
User name: Your Windows Live ID, for [email protected]
Password: The password XXXXX usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
SMTP server: (Port 25 or 587)
Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
TLS/SSL required? Yes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it still doesnt work, outgoing is fine, incoming not .( From hotmail windows live, ?)ssl not on
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
It is setup exactly like that with port 995 for POP?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
in the window for advanced acc. preferences is n995 port. Where else should it be ???
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
This is Apple Mail correct?

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10.4. 11 1.26GH2 G4 512 mb
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK let me know after running the disk utiity.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have to give up for today, kids are in, Thanks , i do not want to repair disk, I had the i book set up recently for my son at genius bar, it should be OK. I myself have Mac book. Thanks for everything !!!!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If you do not check I am not responsible. Repairing Permissions should be done often not just when you take it to the genius bar, that could fix it. Good luck.