Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

i want to convert canon camcorder to mac... i want phone support

Customer Question

i want to convert canon camcorder to mac... i want phone support not...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 5 years ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is Jesse, and I'm here to help.

Jesse :

We don't offer phone support but I'm happy to help you here in our chat support. What are you trying to do with the video on your Mac, and what is the make/model of your camcorder?

JACUSTOMER-px0exgt9- :

jesse, please i can't do this typing... it is a canon. FS30.... i want to import the video to my imovie... i don't yet know how to use imovie... i don't yet know how the camera operates... for example it has a card in it but says the built in memory is full... another problem...

JACUSTOMER-px0exgt9- :

i want to film my yoga classes and movement improvisations... my sessions at the piano and post to face book and u tube... the idiot at best buys said this camera was fine for what i wanted for my macbook pro... 15 inch screen... another new tool... my mother was feeling generous so i went with the sales pitch... didn't test it in time can no longer return it.. so i need to be able to get it to work... i don't know a fire wire from a hay wire... can we not talk on phone i would pay the just answer people... or not.

Jesse :

Unfortunately, we don't offer any kind of phone support, it's just not possible. You would need to call Apple directly (1-800-APL-CARE) and see if they can help you through it on the phone.

Jesse :

Otherwise, I'm happy to help here, but let me know if you can continue or not.

JACUSTOMER-px0exgt9- :

hmmmm two consenting adults with telephones ( joke) ... i am off to teach can we make an appt for tomorrow after 11:30? please rsvp to email as i am signing off.

Jesse :

You can come back to this conversation whenever it's convenient for you.

JACUSTOMER-px0exgt9- :

well let's see... i will not be satisfied unless i can follow your directions and get the camcorder up and going on my mac book pro... i am patient... but seriously challenged.... tell me what to do and i will try to do it... i can already feel my stomach knotting up...

Jesse :

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't notified that you posted any information. You'll want to get started by opening iMovie (located in your Mac's Applications folder). Once it's open, connect the camcorder to your Mac and turn it on. Let me know if it comes up automatically.

JACUSTOMER-px0exgt9- :

i opened imovie. i plugged in usb wire from camera to computer. nothing came up.

JACUSTOMER-px0exgt9- :

jesse, nothing came up... this is not an answer to my question... yet you write asking to be paid?

Jesse :

I apologize for the delay, I was not notified of your response.

Jesse :

How old is your version of iMovie?