Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

Hello Beebo, Something very strange is happening to my Apple

Customer Question

Hello Beebo, Something very strange is happening to my Apple Mail, my messages are disappearing right out of my Inbox, you close the app and when you open it again....no more messages on the Inbox????? I had 125 messages I needed to take care of and now there are nowhere to be found.
I decided to try Outlook Express 2007 on my Windows XP; used the same account settings I use with Apple Mail; IMAP acc, etc.... and I was very surprised to discover that all my 125 messages are there. I tried Entourage also with the same result as Apple Mail, the only difference is that the messages DON'T disappear, they stay in the Inbox. Mobile me page, does not work either, message read, message gone. I have an eMac 10.5.8. Can you help me? or at least tell me why on earth messages appear on Windows computer and NOT on the Mac. I also have an iBook G4 10.4.11 and Apple Mail behaves erratically; one day there are messages one day they just go away.
Thanks,
Cecilia
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.

BeBoo : Hi there and thanks for requesting me.
BeBoo : When you set the account up in Outlook, were the emails there before you actually setup the account (basically, was the account already setup)?
Customer :

No I had never used Outlook before. I don

Customer :

I don't use any mail in Windows comp.

Customer :

I really don't know what's happening, same thing happens when I go into the mobileme mail page, as you read mssgs disappear after

Customer :

I was so desperate that I decided to try Outlook and see if it worked, but Mail on the Macs is not working at all.

Customer :

I will be offline for a few hours, pls.contact me via email.