Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have an IMac 3/4 yrs old. Also Airport Express about the

I have an IMac 3/4 yrs old. Also Airport Express about the same age. I want to connect a new Yamaha digital piano directly to the internet via a wireless usb lan adaptor. The piano is set up for direct access to the internet by the manufacturer but it also needs to be connected to a computer.Yamaha CVP 505 digital piano.

Can you recommend a model number usb wireless lan adaptor that will work for this purpose?

It is about 50' and two interior house walls between the IMac and the piano. Would I need a second Airport Express unit to get enough range?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You can use an Airport Express that is connected to your network and plug it directly into the ethernet port on the piano. I think that would be the easiest solution.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Will that work for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is my reply requesting clarification to your original answer. My present Airport Express is plugged into a wall socket for power and is also connected to my network via a cable which connects it to my modem, which in turn is connected to the incoming Comcast cable. The Yamaha digital piano that I want to connect to the internet within this network is located in another room about 50' and two interior house walls away from the currently installed Airport Express.

To use your original answer i would need to install a second Airport Express and plug it in to a wall socket power source near the piano and then run a Lan line from this second Airport Express to the Lan port on the piano. Is this what you had in mind? Will 2 Airport Express units communicate together on the same network OK? Please reply. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes you just have the second express join your wireless network. The reason I think that will work better is it is an actual airport router that is extending your network but the USB stick might work if you if you are the right distance and will be cheaper maybe try that first and have the piano join the network if that doesn't work try the express option and return the USB stick.