Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Since I bought a mac mini with Snow Leopard, Photoshop and

Customer Question

Since I bought a mac mini with Snow Leopard, Photoshop and Illustrator CS3 don't run properly. I am running them in Rosetta.

They both "quit unexpectedly"

If I want to quit Illustrator deliberately I have to force quit it.

Illustrator is very very slow and takes several minutes to start up. It has problems.

several Photoshop things don't work right, for example, I sometimes can't flatten images and have to restart it.

I have reinstalled it 3 times and it doesn't make any difference.

Earlier version Photoshop CS works fine, but the computer always wants to open things with CS3.

I would like to get CS3 to work properly
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
It sounds like you have the wrong version of CS3 installed, I suggest uninstalling with the uninstaller for Adobe (dragging it to the trash won't do) and reinstalling the universal versions.
Or you could try deleting the Adobe plists for CS3 including Illustrator found in your home/Library/Preferences/Adobe, you will see a few folders for Adobe. Rummage through them and find the ones for Illustrator and CS3. Drag them to the desktop, Adobe will create new ones.
Let me know.