Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I can t get my new 4g iTouch to come up under Devices in

Customer Question

I can"t get my new 4g iTouch to come up under "Devices" in iTunes on my Mac when it's connected. When I first got it, I plugged it in and accidently choose to "not sync." Now I can't get the cd I've downloaded to iTunes to load onto my iTouch. Can I somehow go back and choose to sync with iTunes so I can download my music cds?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
The most likely reason is that iPhoto has decided that you have connected a camera and your new iPod will be under devices in iPhoto.
If iPhoto isn't open then please open it, right click on the iPod icon to eject and iTunes will now find it.
In the iPhoto Preferences/General select 'No Application' for Connecting Camera Opens:
From now on this problem will not happen, if you leave iTune set to 'Not Sync' then you have the option of both iTunes and iPhoto, makes it easy to use either.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My Mac is new and I haven't used iPhoto for anything yet. I opened it, but there is no iPod icon. How do I get to iPhoto Preferences?
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
With iPhoto open click on iPhoto in the menubar and select preferences.
That is where you will see the image that I sent.
Even though iPhoto wasn't open the default is set to that.
Give that a try and let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, since I haven't used iPhoto yet, all I get is the welcome screen. And now I have to leave to catch a plane for a two week trip away from my computer. Bummer! I will try again when I return home on March 16th. This has been very frustrating . . . but I will try again in two weeks and ask for you. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Have a good trip and I will be here when you get back.