Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I am having a problem with my gmail account again. I sent

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my gmail account again. I sent an email with a 37 meg attachment and it is stuck. Using Mac Mail version 4.4 I just keep getting recovered messages hundreds of them of the same email with the 37 meg attachment and no other emails can come in. My web access to gmail is fine?

Please help I do not no how to clear this or delete it from my outbox which I cannot access of see in Mac Mail.

thanks
[email protected] [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Make sure Mac Mail is closed (right click or Control Click the "Mac Mail" icon on the dock, then select "Quit"). NOTE: If you still see a white circle under the Mac Mail icon then it is still open. Please make sure Mac Mail is closed.

2- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock).

3- Click YOUR_USER_NAME on the left

3- Then double click the "Library" folder

4- Then double click the "Mail" folder

5- Now double click the "Mailboxes" folder

6- Trash the "Outbox.mbox" folder

7- Empty the trash-bin

8- Open Mac Mail. It should work fine now

9- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

10- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
John,

thank you i did perform all the steps a few times but did not solve the issue. Went to the Apple Store and all they did was tell me to delete the gmail account and re-installed it. I wanted to share this with you for others.

thank you and I hope not to bother you again but I know your there!
OK, yes, that would be the second suggestion, but you never replied :-( However, I am very glad the issue is solved now. Have a great week!

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you and removing the gmail account and then re installing it was the fix
You are very welcome
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Apple store helped mr by deleting the gmail account and then re-installing it