Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have this power mac 7200/75 and only use it for my vinyl

Customer Question

I have this power mac 7200/75 and only use it for my vinyl cutter and banner making sign business. not connected to internet. the other day was using it, brought it out of the sleep mode, clicked on the project i wanted to work on, and the screen went blank. turned it off.... back on .... ( press the arrow key at the top of my keyboard to turn it on) .... when I do this the green power light at the power button blinks and goes out.... like it is turning itself off right away. I can not get it to do anything else. nobody works on these old macs or seemingly has parts. Is there anything i can do to get this going? This is just a hobby for me and do not want to spend big bucks to upgrade. My software is old (typestyler 2.0 and adobe streamline 4.0) i think. I did find another computer on ebay for around 150.00. What would be the latest computer I could upgrade to that would still run my software, if my old one is hopeless. hope you understand this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
There are a couple of things you can try.
First I suggest replacing the PRAM battery, looks like a short AA, these can be had at radio shack.
You may find locations of components there.
That is what you are looking for, I think this will bring it back but no guaranties.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where is this battery. I have pieces all over and have not located it yet.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
I may have this one confused with another similar model.
I did find a place that has parts for that Mac and you may find what you need.
Unfortunately that system is so old that you may find it is time to modernize.
That site above is probably the last hope.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You haven't told me anything I do not already know. I was told to replace a battery that wasn't there, and was told you might have it confused with something else. So...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please refund my 18.00 back to me.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Customer Help | JustAnswer
They will help with that.