Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

for some reason outlook keeps trying to recover a document

Customer Question

for some reason outlook keeps trying to "recover"a document that i emailed from my Imac to my Ipad some days ago; again and again. In fact, it succeeds and then begins again.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Quit Outlook then hold down option and open Outlook, Rebuild the Database.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did that help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, no it didn't work. When I checked ( it's a new machine/software) under gmail - trash, iwas surprised to see nearly 500 items there. I suspect this is connected. Many items( say 30 to 40) were the same email repeated over and over again. I have deleted them all. Anyway, back to the current problem, it has stopped accting emails because , I suspect, the processor is so consumed with recovering this one email and attachment over and over. It will eventually send an email after a considerable wait ( the mail activity bar seems to constantly be sending but eventually it is sent) . It seems definitely stuffed. Now this machine came with email preloaded I think, whereas I purchased Office later. I am tempted to delete the copy of Outlook and buy another copy. A mess. Nigel

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Oh... ok I was waiting to hear from you. When you access your gmail with a web browser what do you see?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well there you go; I didn't know you could do that!! When I go into gmail with my web browser, I see a complete set of boxes ( eg inbox,buzz, starred sent mail, drafts, deleted etc.) the emails that have been sent to me in the last few days are here. Now what am I looking for?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If all of your email is there I would delete the account in Outlook and set it up again.