Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

As to my question Quite a while ago we switched from verizon

As to my question:

Quite a while ago we switched from verizon to comcast. At this time we had Email and the address [email protected] comcast was responsible to physically make this change.

At this time we lost all of our stored Email. We have tried many times to have it restored
as we have a lot of personal info that we would like to save.

When we tried to talk to MSN, they said that they couldn't restore it because we no longer had an account with them.

My question is how can we restore our lost Email information and can this be done?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
I hate to be the one to tell you this but since your talking to MSN may not help. You need to talk to Verizon unless it was a HotMail account.
The botXXXXX XXXXXne is if the account was deleted before you downloaded the mail then it is gone. That is one the biggest problems with keeping your mail off site and at the mercy of whoever owns those servers.
I recommend the Mac Mail application because it interfaces with 99% of mail providers, downloads email to your machine so it isn't subject to someone else's control, plus if you keep all your contacts in AddressBook it doesn't get hacked.
I have no good news for you about recovering the lost email.