Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

The other day I paid $38 to have help with my gmail account

Customer Question

The other day I paid $38 to have help with my gmail account and it still is not working correctly. I am constantly asked for the password XXXXX I save it to the keychain but the message keeps coming back.

Please assist me on this issue

Regards,
Paul Brady
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name is XXXXX. X hope i can help you.

I don't have to access to your other question. If you give me the link of that question i will ask the Expert (who was working on your question) to help you or Do you need my help ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been asking for assistance and I keep receiving emails to send my questions to hopefully this address. I am receiving notices from gmail that I have to put my password XX which I do and I also save it to my keychain however the message continues to come up on the screen.

What do I have to do to stop this from happening.

Paul Brady
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you accessing your Gmail with Apple Mail application ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am accessing my mail through Apple mail application which I have been doing for almost one year and this is the first time the message constantly appears that I must put in my password XXXX though I am saying the password XX my keychain.

Paul Brady
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
We can reset the Keychain password XXX see if that works or not..
  1. Goto Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/ folder and open Keychain Access
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click Reset My Keychain, which is under the General pane.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access.
  6. Restart your computer.

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I continue to have problems and as of a few minutes ago the message appeared on the screen to type in my password XXXXX I did and saved it again to the keychain. Not sure what else I should be doing. Also this message never has come up before this problem started.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

Paul Brady
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul,
How are you accessing the Gmail ? With Safari or with Apple Mail application ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Through the Apple Mail application

Regards,
Paul
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can reset the Mail Preferences and then reset the Keychain and see if that works or not. Close Mail and goto Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/ folder and trash com.apple.mail.plist file

Then reset Keychain and open Mail application. Does that worked ?

If not, then login to www.gmail.com on your Safari and change the password XX your Gmail account. Then open Mail and update the password XXXX Mail menu > Preferences.

Let me know if that didn't worked...