Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have had my iphone for a year its a 3g and all of a sudden

Customer Question

I have had my iphone for a year its a 3g and all of a sudden I can not connect to any wifi? I have reset network and it tries to think when I enable the wifi but nothing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.
Does it see your wifi network?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No I actually used it a couple of days ago while out of town and I get home and even the hospital wifi option doesnt come up. I have network reset and when I disable my wifi and enable it again the circle thinks for a moment and then off. I have tried to join a network and it tell me I am unable to join?

Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.
When you say you tried to join a network, it tells you unable to join....so do you see a list of available wireless networks?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing..the circle turns and then goes off..nothing not even in town where I use to get access all the time till yesterday
Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.

have you rebooted the router?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have reboote my router, but what about the other wifi spots I use to connect to? I cant reboot their routers..its the phone not my router..I have reset network I have even held the home and power button down for 15 seconds to try and reset..If it doesnt connect outside my home and doesnt connect in my home then the problem lies with the phone.
Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.

What's the name of the wifi network at home? What I want you to do is go under wireless settings...choose the one for your home and choose forget this network.

Can you do that?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

nothing shows up at all no networks so I can not delete any networks but went on a different site and it has to do with the new iso 4.2 update and everyone seems to have the same problem.

it wont even bring up a network at all

Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.
Some users got it working by rebooting the router and their iphones. What's the name of your wifi network? Let's see if it even connects manually.