Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Have reinstalled QuarkExpress 7 and program continues to stall

Have reinstalled QuarkExpress 7 and program continues to stall out on trademark page when software initiated
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mac OS X
Version 10.4.11
Processor: 2 X 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Some Disk Permissions were different, but I was not sure about going ahead and making the changes
It makes them for you have no choice. Verify Disk was OK?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Disk was OK.

Verify Disk Permissions produced a list of discrepancies.

I did not run Repair Disk Permissions. Shall I do that?
I said to Verify Disk if that is OK I said to Repair Permissions not Verify Permissions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have repaired permissions. Tried to open QuarkXpress--it continues to be non-responsive.
And you just reinstalled it? Go here and get the latest updates:
Did that fix the problem I haven’t heard from you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Downloaded QuarkXpress updates and program still failed to launch.
QuarkXpress Support page listed TOP ISSUES--QuarkXpress Fails to Launch or Unexpectedly Quits with Error:XPress Preferences is Damaged
Followed this link to directions for changing local Preferences folder to "old_Preferences"
That seemed to do the deed. Program now launches.

Thanks for your help.
That would have been my next suggestion. Great.