Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

I have a IMac G5 desk top that is driving me CRAZY. It freezes

I have a IMac G5 desk top that is driving me CRAZY. It freezes up so often that it is too frustrating to use. Any suggestions to cure this I know it is old but it has never given me any problems until recently.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded. (sometimes it's fast, other times it can take a while, like 10 or 15 minutes)

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
John: I am currently on my lap top so will I be able to see if the freezes happens on the desk top if I am not connected. Some how I am not able to run both at the same time on my "wireless" internet....
Just add this page to your favorites and come back later. Also, you should be able to connect from the both Macs at the same time. Please follow the steps below from both of your Macs to solve the connection issue:

1- Click the apple icon on the upper left corner of your screen

2- Click "System Preferences"

3- Click Network

4- Select "Airport" and click "Advanced"

5- Click the "DNS" tab, delete your DNS servers clicking the [-] button.

6- Add the following DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (clicking the [+] button)

7- Click the "TCP/IP" tab and select "Using DHCP" next to IPv4

8- Then click "Renew DHCP Lease"

9- Click the "Proxies" tab and UNCHECK all the options you find there

10- Click OK

11- Click Apply

12- Click the airport icon and select "Turn Airport Off"

13- Click the airport icon and select "Turn Airport ON"

14- Click the airport icon again and select your wireless network name and connect to it

15- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

16- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you have been very helpful. I hope this will work. Thanks. Payment is on it's way.
You are very welcome!. If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs