Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

My hotmail account is sending spam to all of my contacts, even

Customer Question

My hotmail account is sending spam to all of my contacts, even when I am not on the computer.

The emails are not in my sent items, but I do receive Undeliverable messages in my inbox for contacts that are no longer correct.

I have changed my password XXXXX all of that - so that is not the issue.

How can I stop this? I don't think there is a virus on my computer. i think that my email address is being spoofed in some way.

Thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately the hacker already has your contact list, we cannot do anything about it. It is like when someone steals your cellphone and gets all your contact list (phone numbers, etc), then he/she writes all the information down, and even if he/she returns the cellphone, he/she will still have the info.

However what we can do it is:

1- Immediately change your email password. A good password contains at least one capital letter, one number and one symbol ($, #, etc) and a lenght of minimun 8-10 characters. Please change your password as soon as possible.

Also, don't forget to change the security questions/answers and the alternate email (if your email address has one)

2- Run a malware detection software like "malware bytes". See below:
PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Download and run Malware Bytes from here:
http://wikisend.com/download/416758
(click the "Download file" button)

Malmare Bytes it is a FREE application if used at home. Do not click the "Purchase" button

Run it and delete all the malware it may detect

Email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password into fake websites.

Please note I do NOT work for HOTMAIL so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated