Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have Mobile me and on both my laptop (Vista) and home computer

I have Mobile me and on both my laptop (Vista) and home computer (xp) I keep getting a message the Dot-mac client has stopped working. Can you advise or point to where I can get help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Have you checked Apple Software Update?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought I was on automatic updates, but I will check. This has been going on for over a year. When I go to a help blog, the first"sighting" was in 2006 or so. But no resolutions. I will update and see what happens. However, the notice does not come up all the time so I might not know until tomorrow. can we keep in communication until then or reconnect then?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK come back when ready.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went online to mobileme and signed in. Cannot find update help.

On IE, there is a sight that lists the 20 or so updates. Am I to look at each one or is there a place that will look into my unit and take care of it all?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
No go to Start Apple/Apple Software Update.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. It says my software is up to date. I did not add any new updates since I got the message so I assume there is still something wrong. I cannot check update status my other computer as it is at home. I will do so when I get home tonight. If that does not solve it, I will get back to you tomorrow AM.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK let me know. You should also go to your MobileMe Control Panel and sign out then back in. If that doesn’t work you should uninstall the Apple software and reinstall.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. I'll let you know in the AM and accept then if it is working. Have a good night.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK good luck.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike, I upgraded both computers with Apple software. I don't know if that software is specific to mobileme, but today, it seems fine. The message doesn't always appear daily, but runs the hard drive when it does. I'll release your payment after this email, but would like to come back to you if it does appear again.

I recall that it appeared right after I installed a new Norton security program which interferred with mobileme. I took out the Norton and now have Avast which doesn't appear to create a conflict. However, with windows and some programs like Norton, removing them doesn't always work so well. Seems at times there are remnants that hang around and are bothersome.

Thanks for your help. Keep my file in case I need to come back to you. I am not 100% certain it is corrected for good, but it is corrected for now.