Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

BURN A MOVIE TO PLAY ON MY TV / DVD PLAYER

Customer Question

1) I DOWNLOAD A VIDEO
2) CONVERT THE VIDEO TO BE IMPORTED TO IDVD
3) BURN/RIP THE VIDEO TO BE PLAYED ON MY TV / DVD PLAYER

MAC
0S X

I DOWNLOAD A VIDEO SOMETIMES IT'S A QUICKTIME, OR REAL PLAYER DOWNLOAD. THA'S NOT SOMETHING I CONTROL. NOW I HAVE TO CONVERT THE VIDEO

I HAVE THREE CONVERTERS, IMAC CONVERTER, IMOVIE, AND ISKYSOFTCONVERTER, HOW IN THE HELL DO I KNOW WHAT FORMAT TO USE TO IMPORT THE VIDEO AFTER CONVERSION TO IDVD TO BURN AS A MOVIE. WHAT EVER I DO IDVD GIVES ME AN ERROR MESSAGE (UNSUPPORED VIDEO/UNSUPPORTED FORMAT )

I THINK THIS SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT, ALL I WANT TO DO IS BURN / RIP A MOVIE/VIDEO AND PLAY IT ON MY TELEVISION. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG............

Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
The very first thing you need to do is turn off your caps, it makes it very hard to read.
QuickTime files can be used directly in iDVD or iMovie, you can also use a thing called HandBreak, I use that for converting video files to something that Apple TV but I think what you want is something called Flip4Mac, there is a free version but in order to convert anything you need to pay for it. It will convert most formats into QuickTime movies.
Any QuickTime movie can be imported into iDVD and burned to a DVD that any DVD player can use.
The file format that you want for iDVD is .mov, .dv, .avi, iMovie can also use those file formats.
This will do the job also, I make movies all the time but usually I do the recording also, I occasionally convert and I use QUickTime and the Flip4Mac plugin, works for me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Daniel it's not that your answer was incorrect , it involved buying more software that I did not need. I asked a specific question, I wanted a definitive answer. I already had everything I needed, I told you that.. You used generalities. Wrong answer. Let me give you the correct answer (1) download the video) (2) use ISKYSOFT converter as a (.mov file) (3)use use IMACSOFT CREATOR. BINGO you hav a dvd that will play on your tv/dvd player. That's all I asked. Next time you now know the correct answer.

Just for the record I'l pay the fee, next time you owe me one.......

Glen [email protected]
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Glad you figured it out.