Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Need to delete hard drive on a OS 10.3 desktop computer.

Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Do you want to erase everything from the hard drive and put a fresh version of OS X in it (like a new mac) ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No further need for the desktop. I want everything erased as I am going to give the desktop away or re-cycle

Jean
Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs came with your desktop computer ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I have the installation discs. I don't need to subscribe to anything else for support. I paid for support when I purchased my laptop MacBookPro.
JustAnswer is not affiliated to Apple. JustAnswer is a paid online support service. You have to pay JustAnswer for a correct answer you get from the Experts of JustAnswer.

You have two options, Erase your hard disk with Disk Utility or Do a Erase and Install.

If you erase your hard disk with Disk Utility, everything will be deleted from the HD including System Files. So you will not be able to boot into your desktop again until you reinstall Mac OS X.

If you do Erase and Install, all the contents from the HD will be erased and also this will install fresh Mac OS X in it.

How to;

• Erase HD with Disk Utility :
Insert the Mac OS X disc 1, restart your Mac and hold down the C key on your keyboard. This will boot into the disc. In the installation screen, click on Utilities menu and select Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column and click the Erase tab. Then click the Erase button. Once you finished it, restart your Mac.

• Do Erase and Install.
Insert the Mac OS X disc 1, restart your Mac and hold down the C key on your keyboard. This will boot into the disc. Select Erase and Install from the given choice and follow onscreen instructions.

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It worked but now it's asking for Registration Information. How do I delete this?
You did Erase and Install. Right ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I erased and installed. Now it wants registration information. Do I just take out the disc without typing in information?
Yes. take out the disc without providing any information. If you do, your details will be saved on it. So just eject the disc and turn it off.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.
You're most welcome !