Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

purchased itune card, scratched area to recover ID, missing

Customer Question

purchased itune card, scratched area to recover ID, missing half of ID to activate. can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
There is really nothing that I can do for you. Taking the card back to where it was purchased may get some sympathy but that is a long shot.
Calling Apple may also produce the same results. I do not know the circumstances surrounding the missing ID but I think that you are just out of luck.
Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dan,

I did return to place of purchase of itune card. I was told this happens frequently with itune cards. they advised me to contact itunes, which i did. the sales clerk told me the the letter and number located at the bottom left hand corner would verify my purchase and that would fix it.

unhappy customer

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Then I suggest either an Apple store or using this number 1.800.275.2273.
I can do nothing about it nor can Just Answer. I can only advise what your options are.
This is not Apple support, sorry.