Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi, I have a new MacBookPro and Im getting communication

Customer Question

I have a new MacBookPro and I'm getting "communication errors" when I try to print with my Canon MP560 printer. I have it connected via a USB cable (I haven't even tried to print wirelessly yet).

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver but to no avail.

I have printed from this laptop to this printer before but not without this frequent "communication error" drama. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

We can try to reset the printer settings into default settings...
  1. Goto System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Print & Fax
  3. Control-click (Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu.
  4. This should reset your printer.
  5. Then restart your Mac and try to print.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
If you lost the Printer from the list, add it back again. You'll not be able to add your Printer back if your Mac can't recognize it.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

I did what you suggested, but to no avail. I then called the Canon website and they told me what new drivers and software I needed to upload and then they made sure everything was communicating properly.

Apparently, the MP560 printer shipped before the latest Mac OS drivers were installed on the installation disc.

Sorry for your trouble and I do appreciate your time.

Thank you,
Kevin
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Can you try a different USB Cable ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Ashik,

The Canon rep suggested a new USB cable as well. So I did switch to a new one.

Again, it seems as though the "communication error" problem was rectified by my downloading the latest drivers and software from the Canon website, so it wasn't a MacBookPro-based problem at all.

Thank you,

Kevin
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Glad you sorted it out.....Best Regards,