Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have just installed my Olympus P S-100 on my new mac but

I have just installed my Olympus P S-100 on my new mac but it won't print. The job info says usr/libexec/cups/backend/usb failed each time I try. Can you help?
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Many thanks. Mac OS X 10.6.6 with 2.8GHz Intel core 1.5 and memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Verify disc OK and did repair permission but still the same.

I have since rung Olympus and they tell me that the machine does not support the new Intel processor as the machine is off the market and presumably they haven't updated the drivers so there was little they can offer so presumably that's it.

On another matter I couldn't properly log on to your site as every time I tried to put in my e-mail address it told me they already had someone with that address which presumably is me! For future reference how do I sort this? I am slow at replying as I, of course, had no e-mail to tell me you had replied.

Thank you.
I suspect you were putting that info into the new account window and not the login window