Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Using new [mid Jan purchase] of Microsoft 1000 Wireless keyboard,

Customer Question

Using new [mid Jan purchase] of Microsoft 1000 Wireless keyboard, with newly purchased batteries installed,
keeps griping about low power and proves it by SLOW operating and repeated alerts.
(And alerts get error message.)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've been POWER COMPUTING with a mac mini. In therapy for 4 months where they only communicated via smoke signals. I could not access my bank account, all the auto pay for utilities, nor any credit cards. Returning home, an upgrade for Office seemed to lock everything up. Not driving currently so I was lucky to get a ride to the Mac Guys or for batteries for wireless applications, and the like. Even bought a Microsoft 1000 KB and mouse. Included batteries didn't last long. Then the comedy repeats itself--wait, wait, wait. While I struggle through months of data [a nice word for everything--interest paid to me {nice}, bills ?, email ??, somebody's auto porn {naughty} and so it goes. Not sleeping much so the machine gets little sleep. Last evening, from about 12 to 4:40a I had worked on an Excel document, Pandora music, Ebay activities, read a couple of fiction articles, watched a streaming video, and surfed Amazon for music. I also wrote 2 letters and worked with a Wish List for antiques from a non-Ebay mall.
Let's give everything a rest, including me, and see what happens. I think I answered my own question.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What? Are you OK?

Edited by Mike the MacMedic on 2/2/2011 at 6:16 PM EST