Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have been taking photos on my Canon Ixus onto SD card. I

I have been taking photos on my Canon Ixus onto SD card. I have taken pics of my friend, and he wants me to transfer the pics onto his SD card for his camera. How can I do this using my MacBook Pro? I have tried to use Aperture 3 to do this, and iPhoto, but don't really understand the mechanics of it. Only just started using Aperture so I haven't got to the part in the book where it might tell me how to do it if it is possible at all. Seems like it should be possible in this day and age!

By the way, re my last question: I had to take my computer to the local Apple shop where they sorted out the permissions (for another 70 bucks Aus), but Safari books are also looking into why the downloads from the Aperture 3 Pro book are not downloading to my Mac. I have sent the permissions log to them. The shop went through the permissions using a different route which seemed to find other things wrong other than the ones you got me to find and repair. Would like the answer to the transfer of pics asap as my friend is leaving at 5am thai time tomorrow Feb 3 for a cycling tour!
Hi My name isXXXXX will try my best to help you.

When you connect your camera to your Mac, does a white icon appears on the desktop ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, no icon at all anywhere, not in Finder, not on Desktop - it only causes Aperture to load.
Take out your SD Card from your camera and put it to the Memory Card slot of your Macbook Pro. Now, check the desktop. Does the icon shows up ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes the icon shows up now
Great. Just open the icon, open the folder that contains the pictures and copy the pictures to any folder in your Mac. Then take out the MC, put your friend's MC and move the pictures to the folder in MC that contain Pictures. Does that worked ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I dont have the friend's sd here with me, but I can try it on another`sd of mine. I will report back tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
No Problem..Make sure you put the pictures in the correct location in the SD.

FYI, pictures taken in some camera might not work on other cameras.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will check with my other SD now and then tomorrow when I see my friend I will transfer the images on to his SD and see if they work on his camera - mine is a Canon and his is a PAnasonic so it may not work. However I would like to accept your answer if it works for my SD anyway. So can you send me an address to get back to this thread to do that please? thanks for your help.
The transfer from your SD to his SD will work fine and he can see the pictures from his PC. But he may not be able to view them on the camera. Just Add a bookmark of this page, so you can come back here anytime.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ah, so I may have already transferred them earlier to his card, as they showed up on my Mac, but he is only travelling with his camera and no PC so they did not show up on his Panasonic camera. Mmmm, I will have to see if I can get them transferred to the hotel PC from his card before I start fiddling around with my card, It is late at night here and I am tired. I will contact you tomorrow about this and meanwhile I will bookmark this page. thanks and good night, Ashik. You are a gem!
Sleep Well. Good Night !
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My friend has accepted your explanation, but since he has formatted his card after I put the photos on it, I have no way of checking, as he is off on a cycling tour of northern Thailand for the next two weeks. I think you are right about this, as the pics showed up on my mac but not on my canon or his panasonic! ANyway, thank you for your help. Sorry to be so late with this acceptance but the Chiang Mai Chinese New Year celebrations and the annual FLower Festival parade have been on for the past three days, and I had hardly time to breathe, let along transfer all my pics to my Mac. Luckily it is all over now, and I can rest and look at my emails at last. Cheers.. Angie