Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Since a few days ago, I cannot send email. (No trouble receiving.)

Customer Question

Am Using Entourage and getting error 3253. I've gone over all my account settings, including port #, etc.) with my DSL provider, AT&T. Secure connection & authentication checked, correct port #. ID and password XXXXX out.
Rebuilt my data base, emptied my sent folder, re-entered all my settings.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OS X 10.5.8
2.4 GH Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB 800 MHz DDR SD Ram
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK let me know when you have run Disk Utility
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Error: Filesystem verify or repair failed.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Put the current operating system disk in and restart holding down the C key until you see the Apple logo. When you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, click on your drive on the left and click on verify disk. If that is Ok, Repair Permissions. If not OK try to Repair Disk.