MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

I am considering changing from a PC to a Mac. What are the

I am considering changing from a PC to a Mac. What are the pros and cons of doing so. I have been a PC user for most of my life but have come into contact with Macs recently and have liked what I have seen. I have to purchase a new computer soon so now might be the time to switch to Apple.

Concerns I have are:

Time line to learn new programs
Transfer of data from my old PC to my new Mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with

I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

(Please Note: In advance I appreciate your Accept. However, your feedback is a very important determination of how I provide service to you, so please complete the survey at the end of this session- Thanks!)

MacTechTrainer :

Being a cross platform (more than one computer with different operating system platform) user, I am quite familiar with both Macs and PCs.

MacTechTrainer :

I can tell you honestly, although there are some unique differences, they are no so different, that a long time PC user cannot not adapt to using Macs and even work with both in a mixed network environment.

MacTechTrainer :

In fact it is quite exciting the increasing flexibility there is to use select files, photos, music, video and more between these two platforms.

MacTechTrainer :

If I may inquire, what products are you specifically looking at in terms of Macs?

Let me know if you are available and I will be glad to provide you as much information as you need...