Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

my computer no longer recognizes my battery so i must plug

Customer Question

my computer no longer recognizes my battery so i must plug into the wall to make it run. i have tired a new battery and that does not solve the problem--what now>>>??? thanks, beth
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean
the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.8 or Mac OS X 10.6.6 etc" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• What type of Apple portable notebook are you using? (i.e. Macbook 13", Macbook Air 11" or 13", Macbook Pro 13", Macbool 15" or a Macbook Pro 17")

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps, since putting your new battery in your notebook, other than plugging it in the wall?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mac os x version 10.5.8 processor 2.1 GHz intel core 2 duo memory 2GB667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
mac notebook13
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
need anything else??