Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

my i pod will not play what i bring up (folk music, running

Customer Question

my i pod will not play what i bring up (folk music, running music). It jumps changes in the middle of songs during the first 5 to 10 min. of play. If I take it off shuffle songs and dial up folk or running it bleeps and goes to something else and continues to bleep and jump.
I have returned it to factory settings at least 10 times, still same thing. What can i do?
Joe Walters
[email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Do these songs play OK in iTunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you mean i tunes in my comp. yes they do and if i dont tuch my ipod while their playing after it setteles down they play good on the ipod
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
By reset you mean you did a Restore in iTunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, i did a return to factory settings. When i plug it in to the comp. that is an option. and i have used it to no avail.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
processor 2.4GHz intel core 2 duo
memory 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3

where do i find macintosh HD?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
ON the Desktop
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing is working .thanks for the try, will go to the apple brick and stone stor they are only about 75 miles away.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean “nothing is working”?