Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Im having a major issue with my mail and new messages are not

Customer Question

Im having a major issue with my mail and new messages are not appearing in my inbox - can someone help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Are you using Apple Mail application ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes,

Basically I am using apple mail and none of my incoming messages appear in my inbox, they are all appearing on my IPhone and all of the settings are the same. I can send mail but for some strange reason all of the inbox messages are gone. Whats even stranger is that my mail activity appears to be trying to load messages like 121 of 121 but no messages appear
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
First, we can rebuild the database of your Mail and see if it works or not.. Choose Mailbox menu > Rebuild Mailbox.

Only click Accept after it worked..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It did nothing
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Do you have the backup of your Mail database ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no idea and its really important that I dont loose that wouldn't it be my com.apple.mail.plist?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Id like to bring my computer to the mac store can you please refund my account?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
com.apple.mail.plist is just a preference file of your Mail which stores some information or settings of Mailbox. All your Mailbox contents are stored on different files on your Macintosh HD. Close Mail and Goto Macintosh HD/Users/home folder/Library/Preferences/ folder and move the com.apple.mail.plist file to desktop. Restart Mail and see if that works or not..

Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
didnt work
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Who is your email provider ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Netsol - Its all working fine on my IPhone and its set up on my computer correctly...I dont have time to try to figure this out with you and I do appreciate your help trying to solve this...Please let me know how to refund my car so I can head to Apple ASAP to fix this thing...

Thank you very much
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
No Problem. Please [email protected] for refund.