Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

It is not just my Ipad. It is also my IMac. Email is not working

It is not just my Ipad. It is also my IMac.
Email is not working correctly My ISP says the problem is Apple.I have been on the phone with both Apple and Bresnan (ISP) a dozen times in as many days.
I send a message and receive 9000 copies of the same message. Thought it was only on ipad but what happens on ipad happens on imac. Can you help straighten out my program?
Also, if I email anyone, theperson will receive two or tenor twenty emails without the content that was in the original message.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Since it happens one both devices that means that the problem is with the ISP (if they are also your email provider) or with the email provider.
You do not say who that is or what mail application you use, I assume the Mail app on your Mac.
Please tell me what version of Mac OS X you have and who your email is through.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Version 5.0.3 (5533.19.4)
My email is through Bresnan. www.bresnan.net
(Bresnan tells me that although they supply the email that the computer program is the problem.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
They are full of it in my opinion, the reason I say this is because you have an iPad and a your Mac doing the same thing, if it was your Mac only and your iPad was fine I might say ok, your Mac has an issue.
Try creating a Gmail account, (free) Google Accounts on both the Mac and the iPad. You can set the iPad up without connecting it to the Mac so you are sure of no contamination.
Then send some email and see what happens.
Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will try setting up a google account on both but I need bresnan since I am a writer and use that email address. I agree that 'they are full of it'. thank you for your help although I didn't really find an answer. So now how do I pay you? I am looking for the okay click. Can't find it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
I have yet to give an answer, so far it has been info gathering.
I do know that there are some ITs out there that will not acknowledge that there is anything other than Windows or that their systems may have a bug, you found one.
The only way to get them to fix it may be telling them that you will find another service, the problem with that is they may say 'go ahead'.
Try using the same address and only change what is after the @, might be that it can be switched from bresnan easily and never miss them. Just a thought.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.