Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

I have a 3g I phone. I did not renew my mobile me account

I have a 3g I phone. I did not renew my mobile me account most recently. When I inactivated the account I turned off all my mail, contacts, calanders, and bookmarks. When I closed my contacts I deleted my contacts. I went on line to see if it was backup but nothing was on my i-tunes account. PLEASE HELP> is there any way to get my contacts back.
Category: Mac
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Unless you had your MobileMe syncing to a local email program like Microsoft Outlook, your contacts may be lost forever.

Your only hope would be to reactivate your MobileMe account and hope that your information is still intact.

You might be able to capture the contacts from a recent backup (before you cancelled MobileMe). Remove your SIM card, connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes. If iTunes attempts to sync, cancel the sync. Right click on the iPhone icon on the left column of iTunes, select Restore From Backup. Find a backup that had the contacts on your iPhone and restore that backup. Upon the restore and verification that the contacts are intact, leave your iPhone connected to the computer. Left click on the iPhone icon on the left column of iTunes, then go to the Info tab in iTunes. Click Sync Contacts and select the program you want to sync your contacts to (i.e. Microsoft Outlook). Click Apply in the lower right and then Sync. After you have synced, insert your SIM card and your contacts will likely be wiped due to no MobileMe account. From there, in iTunes, go back to the Info tab and be sure that Sync Contacts is still selected. Then Sync your iPhone again. This should push all the contacts from your Outlook to the iPhone.

If you didn't have a backup with the contacts or you had no backups, this option will not work for you.

Other than those two ways, there is no way to recover your contacts.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience: Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree