Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I ran volume structures . Validation error encountered. Catalo9g

I ran volume structures . Validation error encountered. Catalo9g File (B-Tree ) failed. How do I repair? I tried Volume Rebuild and it said I didn"t have enough room.
You will need to trash or move some files off the drive. Open Macintosh HD and tell me what is says next to Available at the bottom of that window.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hope you got the other message re running TTP Vol. Opt.and was unable to respond.

It has completed and says 70.35 GB are used and 161.97 GB are free. The 1st time I ran a repair, the response said that airport was involved. This all began when I tried to sync 1Password XXXXX on my MacBook with 1Password XXXXX on my iTouch 4 via Wi-Fi..Same result when I tried to sync Data Vault the same way. I can sync other items as long as I use USB connection. My responses are on a PC as my MacBook is booted up with TTP.
OK you are giving me way too much info and it is confusing. Are you using TechTool Pro, you did not say that.

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Guess You dodn't get the reply re using TTP to see if I could correct /repair things.
That's where I got the info re the apparant problems.
Version 10.6.6
Processor 2.2 GHz Interl Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM

I've already done the diusk Utility work before I asked the ques.
OK you obviously need to boot from the TTP utility disk. I do not recommend TTP it has not been reliable in my experience. Disk Warrior is much better. Have you tried booting from the system disk?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No to system disk. I did boot up from the TTP disk before running the repair in that app.
I would try the system disk before attempting any third party app.
Do you have a backup?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes. Disk repair in utilities has corrected the volume structure problem.
OK great!!