Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have tried to download Flash player 4 times and cannot. When

Customer Question

I have tried to download Flash player 4 times and cannot. When I call up the agreement, it gives it to me in a page in arabic writing. I am trying to watch a TV show that says Flash player needed. Now in my dock I have the Flash player icon but I aM still asked to download it. HOw can I get it to work. vsg
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.