Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I run itunes on a Lenovo Thinkpad and store the music on an

I run itunes on a Lenovo Thinkpad and store the music on an external hard drive. My company network has just been changed from Linux to Microsoft and my notebook has been re-configured accordingly. Problem - when I connect my ipod now I get error message when it tries to automatically sync i.e. 'this ipod is synced with another itunes library". When I select 'erase and sync' the message reads 'this itunes library is empty'. Please help!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Can you find the network drive that contains your music and then find the music folder or iTunes and locate the iTunes music or iTunes media folder and verify all your tracks appear to be there.

If they are can you open iTunes then select your library so it is displayed in the main iTunes window.

Once it is displayed can you then go back to the iTunes Media window and drag your iTunes Music folder from the wherever it is stored over the iTunes Library and let it go and iTunes should then reimport and reindex all your music so your Llibrary is restored.

Let me know if that does not work or if your Music is not in the iTunes Music folder