Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Something rolled onto the key board when I looked away and

Customer Question

Something rolled onto the key board when I looked away and when I looked back the picture on the screen was rolling very fast. I removed the thing which had rolled on the bottom left cornner of the key pad, but it kept rolling. I turned it off thinking it would reset, but instead when it came up...on screen it was lines and colors and now the screen is black. We hooked it up to a projecter, my screen was there and the keys and everything else seems to be working. It does not show on the MacBook Pro screen. What can I do. I am in Israel so I can not take it in to someone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

If your screen shows nothing, then you can reset the PRAM and NVRAM.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Let me know if that doesn't worked..Only click accept after we solved the problem.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It did not work. I will be gone for 3 and half to 4 hours. Will check then. My e-mail address is: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. What am I paying for this service? 239 what?

Thanks

Elaine

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Your agreed amount is $58...

Press Command + Option + 8 Does that made any difference ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried Command + Option + 8 and my screen is still black. Again my e-mail address is: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Has it occured to anyone there that the other account with this e-mail address is me with a different computer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I don't understand your response..?? Could you please clarify ?

Never seen this problem before, now you can try to reset the SMC of your Mac : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Let me know if that doesn't worked..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try to reset the SMC with the help from people more knowledgeable than I am. It will be tomarrow some time before I get back to you. Where I am staying here in Israel I cannot get on line.

Thanks

Elaine

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Resetting SMC is pretty easy than you think. You can do it yourself. Just follow the instructions in here : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem has not yet been solved. The man who is going to remove the battery may be able to do it tomorrow night. He also has the tools to do it and I do not. If this works I will get back to you as soon as possible. Most of the time I an not able to be in an area where I have access to the internet.

Thank you

Elaine

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Elaine, It okay..let me know if that didn't worked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik, I am still waiting for the right tools to remove the battery. Things are not so easy to get here in Israel. They really recommend that it be taken to an authorized dealer to do that. Is there anything to becareful of or for?

Thanks, Elaine

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Elaine,
You can't remove the battery your own because it is the latest model, i believe. So follow these steps below;

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer. Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter does not change states or temporarily turn-off when you reset the SMC.

Don't take out the battery...

Edited by Ashik on 2/6/2011 at 8:06 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did as you said and now after the fact you tell me not to remove the battery! Have caused me to damage my computer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What ? I don't understand what you mean..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You have not solved my problem. I am not satified so I will not be billed, correct?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Correct, you can contact JustAnswer for refund. Also, i will opt out from this question, so other experts will help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I should not have to ask for a refund...it should not have been charged to my card. I can't contact them. DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD!!! I am not satified!!!

Elaine

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
That is the deposit you made to unlock answers. Since you didn't accepted the answer, please contact info@justanswer.com for refund. That is how JustAnswer works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
waiting for your answer.