Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

hi there i have an iphone 3gs and i wanted to sync some music

Customer Question

hi there i have an iphone 3gs and i wanted to sync some music from my mac to the phone, so i tried it but didnt work then the mac asked me to restore my iphone but at the end said that i couldnt restore it but now my iphone it doesnt work, it only shows on the screen the sign of itunes and like a usb cable with an arrow pointing at the itunes sign, i can make it to make phone calls again, please can u help me
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 6 years ago.

Ipod Specialist :

Hi

Ipod Specialist :

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Ipod Specialist :

Do you remember the error code while restoring the iphone?

Ipod Specialist :

Let's try a restore again. Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Press and hold the home button and the power/sleep button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button. itunes should recognize your iphone in recovery mode and ask you to restore. Click on restore. If restored, set it up as a new phone. If the restore does not go through, let me know of the error number.

JAGUEST-50154566- :

ok hold on

JAGUEST-50154566- :

it doesnt say any error number, just shows the itunes sign and the usb cable

JAGUEST-50154566- :

hello

JAGUEST-50154566- :

are u there

Sorry for the late reply. I just went out for lunch after I waited you for long thinking you might have gone....The error number is XXXXX in the computer while restoring....As I described earlier, Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Press and hold the home button and the power/sleep button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button. itunes should recognize your iphone in recovery mode and ask you to restore. Click on restore. If restored, set it up as a new phone. If the restore does not go through, let me know of the error number.