Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I am having trouble installing itunes, i run windows 7, 64bit,

I am having trouble installing itunes, i run windows 7, 64bit, it have tried to install itunes and it download onto my computer but when you run the setup installer program it comes up with a message that windows installer is not installed correctly... I have tried all the trouble shooting ideas but still nothing works. I have had some people look at my computer and try what they could with no luck. I tried to open a new account on my computer and it still had the same proplem... I went into computer, users folder, my folder, appdata, local file then delete temp folder and it wouldn't delete all contence.. what do i do, I just brought the new iphone 4 and just want to sync my phone... Please help

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue....

I would suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall of itunes and all its components. Not sure whether you have done that already, but I would suggest performing all the steps in this doc - . Then restart the computer and install itunes from Don't worry about the temp folder, whatever you can delete from that, just delete it. Let me know what happens.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I checked all those files eg. C: Program files to delete the files that it told me to check for... none of those files were there to delete - I checked all areas it ask me to check just incase, i then emptied my rubish bin, restarted my comp, and tried agian to download itunes and it goes throught the process of the run, load, then it goes to install and this message comes up "windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed"... What does this mean???
Sorry to hear that.. It seems like a registry issue in the computer. Let's try some steps. Download the windows installer cleanup utility from

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Once it is installed, click on start > all programs > windows install cleanup, and using that delete itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support and apple application support. Then restart the computer and try to install itunes.

If that does not work, try the steps in

Let me know what happens..

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am now unable to download the repair program as it say that my firewall may be preventing the installation, turn off firewall then retry, which i have done and it still doesnt install just keeps telling me my firewall is stopping it...
It might be the antivirus firewall. Let's turn the antivirus off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have not been able to turn off my firewall on either windows or AVG, Basicaly my computer is doing some strange and very annoying things, I thought since i couldn't turn off my firewall on the AVG program that i would just delete or uninstall the program, which i have been unable to do (i dont know why it woulnd not let me access the program, I tried to open my AVG and also couldn't even do that. Since tooooo many thing have been happening to my computer and nothing we are trying is do anybetter, just showing more things that are playing up, I have decided to restore my computer to a mth ago and just live with the fact that I can not download itunes program and that I cannot sync my flash new iphone... I'm starting to think what was the point in getting one when you have soooo many problems with syncing the ph with my computer. I'm not sure if you have any other plans of attack but I think i might just leave it now.

Sorry to hear that. In this case my expertise is not enough to guide you through. So I think I would opt out and let other experts work with you to solve this issue.