Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I have a macbook pro as well as a windows xp office desktop

I have a macbook pro as well as a windows xp office desktop at my office at work. It is my personal work office. What is the best manner to enjoy remote access to my desktop via my macbook?
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

You will need to install LogMeIn in your office desktop, you can even install the FREE version and it will work fine.

In order to install LogMeIn from your office desktop, follow the steps below:

1- Click here ---> https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/createaccount.aspx

2- Click the green button "ACCESS AND MANAGE REMOTE COMPUTERS"

3- Enter your info and click CONTINUE

4- Click Download

5- RUN the installer

6- Add your computer and leave it turned ON so you can access it from home. (you can turn OFF the screen if you want, but not the whole computer)

7- Then from your Mac, go to www.logmein.com, enter your email and password, and go to "My Computers", then click your office desktop computer and you will have access to it

8- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

9- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated