Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

i bought a used powerbook g4 and i am trying to reset it to

Customer Question

i bought a used powerbook g4 and i am trying to reset it to the factory settings but i dont have the discs what can i do
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What exact Mac OS X version do you have ? Go to apple icon, then About this Mac. You will see the version number under "Mac OS X"

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

version 10.4.2

OK, you will need to call Apple at 1-800-APL-CARE and ask for a replacement CD for Mac OS X 10.4.2. They will charge about $10 and will ship the CD to your home.

Apple will ask you the serial number of the computer in order to verify that you have the Mac computer.

If you want to buy a CD you can go to www.ebay.com but it will be more expensive. Click here for more info ---> http://computers.shop.ebay.com/Software-/18793/i.html?_nkw=mac+tiger&_catref=1&_dmpt=US_Nonfiction_Book&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Please note I do NOT work for APPLE so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated