Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I am trying to get my cellular account so I can get email thru

I am trying to get my cellular account so I can get email thru at&t towers and have filled out all the blanks including charge card number but when I hit the last next nothing happens

Mac Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

Can you please, elaborate a little on what your question is concerning?

Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

I want to be able to send email from my Ipad when I am away from my home and my computer. I understand that this can be done for a monthly charge from AT&T. What is the procedure to follow to get this done? As I am setup now, as soon as I get away from my computer I can't get my weather app and other apps I have set in the Ipad.

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

My Safari icon comes on as a blank page. Tks

Mac Extraordinaire :

At&t has different Internet plans.

Is your iPad, the model that has a built in cellular Internet card?

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

I don't know--can you explain that in more detail so I know what I am looking for. I'm a beginner on the I-pad

Mac Extraordinaire :

Follow the steps below to see if you have Cellular abilities on the iPad:
- On the side of the iPad, you should see a place where you can enter a Sim Card if you do have that function available.
- You would be able to insert the end of a paperclip into the hole on the SIM tray. Now you would be able to press and push lightly the tool straight in until the SIM tray pops out.

If you do not see that, then your iPad does not have the ability to operate on the Cellular Network; only Wifi.

Mac Extraordinaire :

You may click the Accept button now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

You may bookmark the following link: http://theextraordinaire.com
----> In the future, if you have a question and would prefer to work with me, please visit that site and ask your questions there.

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

I do have the SIM tray you describe

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

This should allow me to sign up with AT&T so I can use the Ipad away from my own computer-right?

Mac Extraordinaire :

That is correct.

Mac Extraordinaire :

You can setup an account with AT&T which will allow you to access the Internet anywhere where you can get Cell Phone service.

Mac Extraordinaire :

I have used this service with an iPad and let me tell you, you are in for a delight. It is very nice to have access like that.

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

I have tried to set up the account with AT&T but have had no success in spite of the show of AT&T in the upper corner of my Ipad-what next?

Mac Extraordinaire :

You have already created an account with At&t and inserted the SIM card in which they mailed you into the ipad?

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

Apparently I have set up the acct--what do I do with the SIM?

Mac Extraordinaire :

ok

Mac Extraordinaire :

You must put the sim in the sim holder

Mac Extraordinaire :

- Turn the power to the ipad off
You can do so by pushing a paperclip into the hole (where the sim holder is)

The sim holder will come out.
Put the sim card in the holder and close it

Turn the ipad on

JACUSTOMER-zujktoul- :

OK I will try it out away from my home computer-tomorrow-I don't want to go out now-it's 10 below out there-tks