Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

i need assistance in a bad way from someone who knows iTunes

i need assistance in a bad way from someone who knows iTunes inside and out. I have several problems goiing on at once.
1. I have itunes on my laptop with songs in a folder wanting to add them to the itunes program.
2. I have irunes on my wifes laptop with a ton of music on it. I want to move it to my laptop.
3 I want to put them all together and have one tTunes on my comutre with my music and one of my wifes with her music.

IS this possible and how would i go about doing it? I received a quick answer from someone but no solution which is what i need at this time in my life. I am disabled and spend all my time in bed at home or inbed at the hospital. So i owuld like all my songs on my itouch ipot, gen. 4 model.

I try to sync them but it takes hours and nothing happens,
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

Ipod Specialist :

Ipod Specialist :

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Ipod Specialist :

It is very easy to add songs to the itunes. If you have a folder containing songs, just open itunes and drag that folder into itunes. If it is a song you need to add, just drag that song into itunes. Similarly, to transfer the songs from your wife's laptop, follow this procedure - Open itunes in your wife's laptop. I hope it is a windows computer. After opening itunes, click on the edit menu at the top (where it shows File, Edit, View, Controls etc). Click on Edit > Preferences > advanced tab. There, you will find the itunes media folder location. That is the location where the music is stored. Just navigate to that location and copy the folder containing the songs into an external hard drive or usb drive and copy it into somewhere in your computer. Then, drag that folder into your itunes.
Let me know if you have any difficulty

vinodvmenon2005 :

But if you do the above steps, all the music will be in one library. If you want to keep your wife's library separate, it is better and less confusing to create a new user account in your computer. So if you wife wants to use the computer, she can log in to her user account and if you want to access your itunes, you can log in to your account. To create a user account, just go to the control panel and select the user accounts. Make sure you create an administrator account.

Customer :

ok thanks for the info