Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a canon vixia hfm31 how to I download video to my mac

I have a canon vixia hfm31 how to I download video to my mac computer? I'm looking for software and connection information. I was planning on using idvd to edit and a SD card reader to import. PLEASE HELP!
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Do you have iMovie on your Mac ? If so, what version of iMovie ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just updated to iLife 11 so it would be iMovie 11
You can transfer your videos to your Mac using iMovie 11. Connect your camcorder to your Mac using the USB Cable. Open iMovie and turn on your camcorder. Put your camcorder to Computer or PC or Playback mode. iMovie will recognize your camcorder and let you to import the videos. Let me know if that didn't worked...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got the video to import, thank you!

Now how do I safely disconnect the camcorder from the computer?

Also I can record to the internal memory or a removable SD card. How do I select the one it is downloading from?
Once you transferred all video, just eject your camcorder by dragging the icon from desktop to trash or disconnect the USB Cable. Yes, you can record to internal memory. iMovie will allow you to select the videos you want to import. See this article :

Now you can even share the videos to iDVD, so you can burn them to disc. Click on Share menu and select iDVD. If you want to export it as a single video file, then select Share menu and select Quicktime or Media Share or Media Browser.

Best Regards,
You can turn off your camcorder or change the camcorder mode to a different one (Recording, Camera etc) to safely disconnect from your Mac.

If you like my service, please click Accept and please leave me Positive Feedback.

Best Regards,